This Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe is super quick and easy. The best part about these lettuce wraps is how incredibly flavorful they are!
I really thought that when I started working from home I would stop hating Mondays so much. Alas, I still hate Mondays.
Lucky for me, I have these Easy Asian Lettuce Wraps to help me get through the return-to-the-work-week.
I’m so glad I started this 30 Minute Monday series because it gives me an excuse to make super quick and easy recipes to share with you guys. This recipe definitely falls into the super-quick-and-easy category.
So, like I said, these are super quick and easy. The best part about these lettuce wraps is how incredibly flavorful they are! Sometimes I feel like quick recipes can be bland because the flavors don’t have a lot of time to develop.
This is why I love to cook Asian recipes on nights when I don’t have a lot of time.
My favorite Asian recipes don’t take a lot of time to braise or simmer; rather, they just need a quick sauté or stir-fry and all of the bright flavors are right there!
I decided to make these with ground turkey, but you could easily use ground chicken, beef or pork if you wanted to mix things up.
No matter what you use, you’re going to love making and eating this easy weeknight recipe!
Here’s the Asian Lettuce Wraps Recipe!
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 pound 85% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (or salt to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 3 scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat the peanut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey breast in large pinches and cook for 2 minutes, breaking up large pieces as you go. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, hoisin sauce, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Toss well to coat. Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables have just softened (another 1-3 minutes).
- Remove from pan and place in a large bowl. Top with chopped scallions.
- To serve, spoon the turkey mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228|Total Fat: 5g|Saturated Fat: 1g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 3g|Cholesterol: 81mg|Sodium: 557mg|Carbohydrates: 10g|Fiber: 2g|Sugar: 5g|Protein: 38g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
September 8, 2014 | Last Updated on December 17, 2020 by Linda