I really thought that when I started working from home I would stop hating Mondays so much. Alas, they still suck. Like, big time.
Lucky for me, I have these Easy Asian Lettuce Wraps to help me get through the return-to-the-work-week:
I’m so glad I started this 30 Minute Monday series because it gives me an excuse to make super quick and easy recipes to share with you guys. This recipe definitely falls into the super-quick-and-easy category.
First, let’s talk about why Mondays are the worst.
For me, it really isn’t about the return to the “daily grind,” because I kind of have the best job in the world. My problem is…
Okay, this may just be a problem at my house, but our dog is insanely terrified of garbage trucks and freaks out every Monday morning.
I didn’t know how bad of a problem it was until I started working from home! For some reason the garbage trucks drive by our house no less than 8 times every Monday morning. I kind of think they do it on purpose just to get a reaction out of my dog.
I can’t keep him inside because he whines and cries and scratches at the door to be let out. Once he’s outside, he barks incessantly from approximately 7:00am – 10:00am. I’m pretty sure our neighbors want to kill us.
I’m just going to take a moment to look at this adorable picture of Odin (our pup) and remember all of the reasons I love him.
Here he is getting a hug from the husband in our very messy bedroom. Awwww.
Alright, now that I’m feeling a little bit better about life I think we can get back to talking about the food.
So, like I said, these are super quick and easy. The best part about these lettuce wraps is how incredibly flavorful they are! Sometimes I feel like quick recipes can be bland because the flavors don’t have a lot of time to develop.
This is why I love to cook Asian recipes on nights when I don’t have a lot of time. My favorite Asian recipes don’t take a lot of time to braise or simmer; rather, they just need a quick saute or stir-fry and all of the bright flavors are right there!
I decided to make these with ground turkey, but you could easily use ground beef or pork if you wanted to mix things up. No matter what you use, you’re going to love making and eating this easy weeknight recipe!
Here’s the Asian Lettuce Wraps Recipe!
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 pound 85% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (or salt to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 3 scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat the peanut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey breast in large pinches and cook for 2 minutes, breaking up large pieces as you go. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, hoisin sauce, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Toss well to coat. Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables have just softened (another 1-3 minutes).
- Remove from pan and place in a large bowl. Top with chopped scallions.
- To serve, spoon the turkey mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 228 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 81mg Sodium 557mg Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 2g Sugar 5g Protein 38g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on