This Healthy Moroccan Chicken Wrap recipe features chicken with harissa sauce and spices, in a delicious tortilla wrap with spinach leaves, golden raisins, sliced almonds and a honey yogurt lemon sauce.
Some days, you just need an easy, healthy, and super-quick lunch.
And on those days, you’ll probably want your lunch to actually taste good. Because, you know, bad-tasting food isn’t really my thing.
Healthy Moroccan Chicken Wrap!
So simple, yet so delicious.
I’m always on the lookout for great ways to use up leftover chicken, and I recently found myself with lots of leftover Israeli Roast Chicken.
I wanted to spice things up a bit, so my mind instantly went to a Moroccan-style wrap using harissa sauce. Harissa is a wonderfully flavorful mixture of peppers, garlic, olive oil and spices used in North African cooking.
I’ve tried my fair share of harissa sauces and pastes, but felt that many of them were too overpowered with heat to allow you any sense of the more subtle flavors underneath.
Mina Harissa is hands-down my favorite brand. They make three versions: spicy, green pepper, and mild. I use the mild version for in this healthy wrap recipe.
I’ve used the Spicy sauce to toss with hot roasted potatoes and used the Green Pepper version to brighten up a quick soup.
Harissa is the perfect condiment to keep in your fridge for whenever you want to add a little “something” to a dish.
Since this Moroccan wrap recipe is all about being quick and easy, let me give you a brief run-down of the recipe process.
First, toss together leftover chicken with a few spices and harissa sauce. Next, place it in a tortilla on top of a bed of spinach.
Sprinkle some golden raisins and sliced almonds right in there, then top with a super easy honey-yogurt-lemon sauce.
Doesn’t that Moroccan chicken harrissa wrap look delicious?
Wrap it all up, cut it in half, and enjoy!
Here’s the Recipe!
Healthy Moroccan Chicken Wrap Recipe
For the Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. harissa sauce - I used Mild Mina Harissa
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Salt to taste
For the Wrap
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 low-fat flour tortillas - burrito-sized
- 4 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 4 Tbsp. sliced almonds
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey flavor Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the harissa, cayenne, white pepper, cinnamon, and allspice. Add the chopped chicken pieces and toss well to coat. Add salt to taste.
- Arrange ¼ cup spinach leaves in a rectangle in the center of one tortilla. Leave room around the edges. Place ¾ cup chicken on top of the spinach, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons each of the golden raisins and almond slivers on top.
- Whisk together the yogurt and fresh lemon juice. Spoon or drizzle half of the sauce over the wrap filling. Roll the wrap up like a burrito. Slice in half on a diagonal.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients to form the second wrap.
this sounds very nice
I wanted to post this comment o your “About” but din’t find a comments section. Loved your blog 🙂 “If u call me Anita or Annette, I’ll cry!” I couldn’t stop laughing. I can so relate to you! N d best part, you love Harry Potter!! Wi fi! (virtual hi fi :P)
Stalking you on FB and Pinterest! See ya around 🙂
Hi, Prash! I’ve just been checking out your site and I love it 🙂 So glad to have you here – thanks for following!
This sounds really great with the harissa sauce. I would love this for lunch! Have a great weekend, Anetta!
Anetta this looks so good! I totally want to try out that harissa sauce. Can I get it at the grocery store?
Hi, Karen! It depends on where you live, but you may be able to find it in a specialty or high-end grocery store near you.