This Italian Chopped Salad recipe is full of your favorite Italian flavors such as Kalamata olives, salami, pepperoncini, mozzarella and topped with a tangy Italian Vinaigrette to pull it altogether!
I love a salad like this one that is packed with flavor. Other recipes like this you have to try are my Kale and Wild Rice Salad, 10 Minute Veggie Ribbon Salad, and Vietnamese Chicken and Cabbage Salad!
Personally, I do not have any Italian heritage in my genetic makeup, but by the way I love to create and scarf down Italian food you would think that I do. Italian food reminds me of family and home. When I create an Italian dish I imagine my crazy loud family crowded around the dinner table as we catch up and feast on flavor filled Italian food. And what is the best way to start off a delicious meal? With this Italian Chopped Salad of course! I love that this salad is packed with ingredients so that every bite is full of flavor. I have no doubt that if you whip this up for your family and friends it is sure to be a crowd favorite!
How to make Italian Chopped Salad
Assemble your ingredients. For exact amounts see the recipe card below.
In a bowl combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together well.
Next, In a large salad bowl add in the lettuce and all of the toppings on top. Do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
When ready to serve, add ½ cup of the Italian Dressing to the salad and toss everything together.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Variations for this italian chopped salad
This zesty salad is already dairy free and gluten free, however for additional dietary modifications see the quick changes below to fit your lifestyle!
To make this delicious salad vegetarian you can take out the salami and you are good to go!
For a Vegan Italian Chopped Salad, simply remove the salami and mozzarella and you are all set!
Do I have to make the Italian Dressing?
If you already have a favorite Italian dressing you can absolutely use that for this dish.
Other Amazing Italian Dishes:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Linguine Squarcierella (best pasta ever)
- Chicken Florentine
- Ultimate Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Broccoli
- 30-Minute Tuscan White Bean Skillet
Italian Chopped Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion - cut into thin slices
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes - halved
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, cut in half, and sliced
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini slices - about 5 peppers
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives - halved
- 4 oz pearl mozzarella balls
- 3 oz sliced salami
- 1/2 cup Italian Vinaigrette Dressing - recipe below
Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 Tbsp Kalamata olives - minced
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese - finely grated
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together well.
- In a large salad bowl add in the lettuce and all of the toppings on top. Do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add ½ cup of the Italian Dressing to the salad and toss everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!