This Jamaican Jerk Turkey Sandwich is a bold and smoky sandwich with Jerk Turkey Breast, Chipotle Gouda, Mango Chutney, Cool Slaw, and Avocado Aioli.
I made a super awesome and delicious sandwich!
Because I’m a complete sucker for any and all international-style recipes, I decided to make a killer Jamaican Jerk Turkey Sandwich with Boar’s Head Bold Jerk Turkey® Breast and their Chipotle Gouda Cheese. Both the turkey and the gouda are SUPER bold and have a little spiciness to them. I *almost* went with the Blackened Turkey and Horseradish Cheddar, but I’m glad I stuck with my gut because this sandwich turned out to be totally delicious.
The husband is super excited about this as he is a total sandwich fiend. I’m not kidding, he would eat a sandwich for just about every meal if left to his own devices. Lucky for him, he has me to make him eat something different for every meal!
Here’s the Recipe!
Jamaican Jerk Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Avocado
- ½ teaspoon Lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise - divided
- 1 Ciabatta-style sandwich roll
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar
- ½ cup Green cabbage - shredded
- 2 tablespoons. Cilantro leaves - chopped
- 2 tablespoons Scallion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mango chutney
- 2 slices Boar’s Head Brand Chipotle Gouda Cheese
- 4 slices Boar’s Head Brand Bold Jerk Turkey® Breast
- Place avocado, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise in a small bowl and mash together with a fork to create avocado aioli.
- Slice Ciabatta roll in half and spread both sides with avocado aioli.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise with vinegar. Add shredded cabbage, cilantro leaves, scallion, and toss to coat.
- Place one slice of Chipotle Gouda Cheese on each sandwich half. Arrange four slices of Bold Jerk Turkey Breast on one half.
- Spread mango chutney on top of Chipotle Gouda Cheese on other half. Place cabbage slaw on top of Bold Jerk Turkey Breast, then top with second half of sandwich.
This is one good looking sammie. Good luck with the contest!
Thanks, Jennie! I’m on to round two… we’ll see how it goes!
You got my vote!! Good luck – and I hope you win! 🙂
Thank you, darling! Fingers crossed for round two!
Looks like a wicked good sandwich and the squeaky sneaker sounds made me lol! Good luck with the contest!