Chicken breasts spiced with ground coriander and fresh lime juice pair perfectly with this chunky avocado and tomato salsa!
Like the ADULT that I am, I like to cook my own meals. Sometimes I’m cooking for groups, sometimes for small dinner parties, and sometimes just for one person.
I love recipes that can easily be adjusted to suit the number of servings you’d like to make. You can make this recipe for one (no judgement, guys), or make the full recipe and save the leftovers for new creations.
I used the leftover chicken in tacos and on a salad, while the salsa was used up as a topping for scrambled eggs.
This quick recipe uses a five-minute ground coriander and lime juice marinade for the chicken, and provides time for you to whip up the chunky avocado salsa while the chicken cooks on the stove.
Save some time on your avocados with this great 3-in-1 Avocado peeler, slicer and pitter tool.
You’ll want to use your cast iron pan for this one if you really want that beautiful color on your chicken. Non-stick will work, too, but nothing beats cast iron! I use this inexpensive pan from Lodge just about every day of the week.
Here’s the Recipe!
Coriander Lime Chicken with Chunky Avocado Salsa Recipe
For the Chicken
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic power
- 3 large chicken breasts - sliced horizontally (parallel to the cutting board) into 2 thin pieces
For the Salsa
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow or red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado - peeled and diced
- Combine the coriander, lime juice, olive oil, salt and garlic powder in a large zipper-close bag. Add the thin chicken breast pieces and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Discard the marinade and place three of the chicken pieces into the pre-heated pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken and set aside. Repeat with remaining three pieces of chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the salsa by combining the tomatoes, onion, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon to gently fold in the diced avocado. Arrange the cooked chicken pieces on a platter and top with the salsa. Serve hot.