This Honey, Walnut and Goat Cheese Crostini recipe makes a delicious appetizer with sweet honey and earthy walnuts balancing the creamy tang of fresh goat cheese in this simple crostini recipe!
I tried to warn you!
I’m on a crazy goat cheese kick lately and I simply cannot be satisfied.
Crostinis are one of my favorite recipes to make for parties and get-togethers because they are quick, easy, and bite-sized.
Guests can walk around while munching on these goodies, and so can I because I prepared them ahead of time!
I never really ate a lot of goat cheese until I went to Paris. I was completely seduced by the rich creaminess and subtle tang of fresh goat cheese.
While in Paris, we enjoyed a provincial lunch of bread, wine, and lots of goat cheese.
I came home from the trip with a new appreciation of goat cheese and lots of ideas on how to spread the word on the blog.
Earlier this week I posted a recipe for French Lentil Salad, which was, of course, topped with goat cheese.
Today, it’s all about these heavenly little crostinis:
These are light enough for summer, but I’m really looking forward to fall and winter dinner parties where I can whip these up and indulge in a sweet and savory treat.
The goat cheese and honey flavors blend together so nicely on these crostinis, that my mouth is watering just thinking about them. Adding in the walnut flavor and the crostini crunch, makes these crazy good!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 (1 lb) crusty baguette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- Honey for drizzling (I used a few tablespoons)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2" slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat both sides of each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle the tops with salt.
- Arrange the walnuts in a single layer on a second baking sheet.
- Once the oven is pre-heated, place the baguette slices and walnuts in the oven on separate racks.
- Allow the walnuts to toast for 5-7 minutes, checking every minute or so, until golden brown and fragrant. Be careful not to burn them!
- Remove the baguette slices after 15-20 minutes, or when crisped and golden.*
- Allow the crostinis to rest until cool to the touch. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese over the top of each crostini, then top with walnuts and a drizzle of honey. Serve warm.
*If your oven has hot spots you may want to rotate the baguette pan halfway through the baking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295|Total Fat: 18g|Saturated Fat: 4g|Trans Fat: 0g|Unsaturated Fat: 13g|Cholesterol: 8mg|Sodium: 326mg|Carbohydrates: 25g|Fiber: 2g|Sugar: 4g|Protein: 10g|
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
July 17, 2015 | Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by Linda