This Raspberry and Honeydew Agua Fresca recipe combines honeydew melon, sugar, lime juice and raspberries for a cool and refreshing summer drink!
Have you ever had agua fresca? It’s pretty much the best thing ever.
Agua fresca is an incredibly refreshing combination of fruit and water. I decided to use ripe honeydew melon and fresh raspberries for this version, and I’m really happy with how it turned out!
How to Make Agua Fresca
Making this Honeydew Agua Fresca is very easy.
Blend some fruit, with this recipe it is the honeydew melon.
Strain the juice out of the blended fruit.
Add some water to the fruit juice.
Put lime juice in a mixing bowl.
Add some sugar to the mixing bowl with the lime juice and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
Pour the sugar and lime mixture into the melon water and mix well.
That is it!
I know once you try this you’ll start making it all the time!
Serve this agua de melon drink over ice with your garnish of choice – the red raspberries really brighten this up, so I decided to leave them whole. You could toss them in the blender along with the melon if you wanted to really incorporate the two flavors. However, I think it might not turn out as pretty and green as this one does.
Whip up a batch for Cinco de Mayo, or make it part of your routine to make a pitcher on Sunday and drink it throughout the week!
Here’s the Recipe!
Raspberry and Honeydew Agua Fresca Recipe
- 1 5 lb ripe honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup baking sugar - also called "superfine" or "ultrafine"
- 5 limes - juiced
- 1 cup raspberries - for garnish
- Cut the melon in half, remove seeds with a spoon, then cut flesh from peel and cut into chunks. Place half of the melon in a large blender and process until liquefied. Pour the liquefied melon into a fine mesh sieve set over a large bowl.
- Use a spatula to press the melon into the sieve, allowing the juice to squeeze through into the bowl. Occasionally scrape the flesh off of the sieve to allow more juice to transfer to the bowl. Repeat with remaining melon.
- Transfer melon juice to a large pitcher and add four cups of water.
- Combine lime juice and sugar in a small bowl, then stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour the lime-sugar mixture into the pitcher and stir well. Serve over ice, garnished with raspberries.
This honeydew recipe is also know as melon agua fresca recipe, agua de melon drink recipe, agua de melon recipe, agua de melon juice recipe, melon water recipe, honeydew melon juice recipe, and honey melon juice recipe.