This Jalapeño Margarita combines the classic margarita flavors you love with the spice from a jalapeño that gives this drink a real kick!
Today is International Margarita Day, so you know I had to put out a new margarita recipe for you to try! This recipe is specifically for those of you who love all things spicy! This spicy Jalapeño Margarita really adds a punch to your favorite summer cocktail.
If you are not a fan of spicy, don’t worry! One great thing about this recipe is that you control how much jalapeño you want in your drink. If you watch the video you see that I add in a whole jalapeno; however, if you are wanting only a hint of spice I would recommend adding about ¼ of one for more of a mild beverage.
How to Make a Jalapeno Margarita
Assemble your ingredients. For exact amounts see the recipe card below.
Pour all of your ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice.
Add in the amount of jalapeno you want into your cocktail shaker. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker I recommend this one from Amazon.
Shake it up! Note: The longer you shake the more time the jalapeno has to be infused into the cocktail and therefore the spicier it will be!
Finally, pour into your favorite cocktail glass with ice and add lime wedges and jalapeño slices as a garnish if you like!
Recipes to Pair with this Margarita
This spicy margarita would go perfectly with any of my Mexican recipes, but here are a few of my favorites!
Mexican Chilaquiles Rojos – Paired with this beverage it would create the perfect brunch!
Vegan Carnitas Tacos – The perfect vegan recipe to go with this spicy cocktail!
Asadero Cheese and Steak Tacos – Tacos and Margaritas, is there a better combination?
Jalapeño Margarita Recipe
- 3/4 cup Silver Tequila
- ¼ – 1 Whole Jalapeno - depending on how spicy you want your margarita
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- Salt for the rim along with Lime Wedges and Jalapeno Slices for garnish - optional
- Assemble your ingredients
- Pour all of your ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Add in the amount of jalapeno you want into your cocktail shaker.
- Shake it up! Note: The longer you shake the more time the jalapeno has to be infused into the cocktail and therefore the spicier it will be!
- Finally, pour into your favorite cocktail glass with ice and add limes and jalapeno slices for your garnish!
Enjoy Responsibly. This post and recipe are intended for those of legal drinking age.