This Avocado Margaritas recipe makes a creamy and delicious drink that margarita and avocado lovers will love!
Summer is in full swing and that means COCKTAILS. On the PATIO.
I’ve been making avocado margaritas this summer because I’m a complete avocado maniac and I like to think that I’m being healthy while I’m drinking tequila.
I love this recipe SO much, I had to make sure that you all knew about it and gave it a try.
It’s a really unusual drink. Here’s how the experience usually goes for me:
First Sip. “Uh, whoa, this is like a smoothie!”
Second Sip. “Oooh, and there’s a bit of heat. But it’s so creamy.”
Third. Fourth. Fifth. Fiftieth Sip. “Please, sir, may I have some more?”
I like using blanco tequila because it doesn’t interfere with the lovely green color of the drink, but if you’re more of a resperado person, just go with what feels right. Like tequila. Tequila feels right.
Did I mention that I need to stain and re-seal my deck? Just putting that out there. (#MargaritaThoughts)
Save some time with this great 3-in-1 Avocado peeler, slicer and pitter tool.
Alright, enough rambling. Time to go make another pitcher of margs. Who’s with me?
Pin and Save for Later!
Avocado Margaritas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 avocados - halved, pitted, and peeled
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeño - stemmed and de-seeded
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 ounces Cointreau - or triple sec
- 8 ounces blanco tequila
- Place the kosher salt on a shallow plate.
- Rub the rims of four serving glasses with a cut lime.
- One at a time, invert the glasses onto the shallow plate and wiggle back and forth to coat the rims evenly in salt.
- Place the avocados, lime juice, agave, Cointreau, jalapeño, and tequila into the pitcher of your blender. Top with ice (about 3 cups) and secure the lid.
- Insert the pitcher securely into the blender’s base.
- Blend the mixture by selecting the icy drinks/smoothies program.
- Divide the blended margaritas into the four prepared serving glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.