Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast is what breakfast dreams are made of! It’s as easy as making a PB&J sandwich, dipping it in batter, and frying the whole thing up as french toast. Perfection!
Sometimes you just need comfort food for breakfast… or, breakfast food for dinner!
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast works for just about any meal of the day. Plus, it’s perfect for every member of the family (even those with the pickiest of palates).
This is a recipe that I’ve been making for myself for years, but I just never deemed it “blog worthy.” It finally came to me that I owe it to you all to show you the kind of random stuff I eat when I’m not specifically making something to put up on the blog.
I needed something quick and easy for lunch, and my grocery situation was looking pretty dire. As long as I have a few pieces of bread, peanut butter, jelly, and an egg, I can whip up this stuffed french toast!
Sometimes I use marmalade, other days it’s grape jelly… but today, I ended up using apple butter! I know that apple butter isn’t *technically* jelly, but it serves the same basic purpose so I think it counts.
I was basically starving when I made this, but decided to snap a few quick pictures of it so I could give you a little sneak peek into my less-than-glamorous lunch life. If you love these kind of simple ideas, be sure to check out my recipe for a Monte Cristo Sandwich and my 15-Minute Yakisoba Noodles!
Alright, here’s the low-down on how to make this tasty treat:
Just make yourself a PB&J, dip both sides of it into a mixture of egg, milk, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Fry it in a buttered pan (I like to use my $16 cast iron skillet) for a few minutes on each side, then dust the sandwich in powdered sugar.
If you’re a jelly-fiend (like me!), serve it with a little saucer of extra jelly on the side.
Here’s Your Recipe!
The Wanderlust Kitchen
Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed French Toast: for when you can't decide between breakfast and lunch!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Spread the peanut butter and apple butter onto the bread to form two PB&J sandwiches.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- Whisk the egg, milk, cinnamon, and pinch of salt together in a shallow bowl until no egg streaks remain.
- Dip both sides of one of the sandwiches into the egg mixture, then transfer to the pre-heated pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan, then repeat the dipping and cooking process with the second sandwich.
- Slice sandwiches on an angle and serve.