These Greek Chicken Skewers are rolled in a blend of inspired spices before being cooked to golden perfection and served with a lemony dipping sauce. A green salad and a glass of red wine make it a meal!
Guys, I am back from California and *finally* falling back into a normal routine here at “the office” (AKA my kitchen).
I can’t wait to share pictures and tell you all about the trip, but it will have to wait until Friday because today I’m sharing these dreamy chicken skewers with you!
Dang, I have been making some lazy recipes lately. Must be the nice weather we’ve been having.
Anyway, back to the obsession. A year ago I was in Greece and Turkey, and I haven’t left the country since. In two weeks, I leave for the big London-Kenya-Paris trip (random, right?) and I seriously cannotFREAKINGwait.
I’m so excited to be inspired by the food and take about a million pictures throughout the trip!
I’d love to hear from you all as to what I should see and do in London & Paris! I’ve been once before, but I was 12 years old so my memory of such things isn’t that great. Bring on the advice!!
In the meantime, I’ll share my recipe for spice-crusted Greek Chicken Skewers (with a lemony dipping sauce). Consider it a prepayment for your amazing travel advice 🙂
(Note: I made these in my favorite grill pan, but you could totally do these in a regular frying pan or even on the BBQ. Have some fun with it!)
Here’s the Recipe!
For the Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sizes pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Lemony Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Thread the chicken pieces onto metal skewers*. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, then spread evenly onto a flat surface. Roll the skewers in the spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with olive oil, then cook the skewers for 2 minutes per side, 8 minutes total, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve the skewers with a side of dipping sauce.
*If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to using to avoid scorching.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 193mgSodium 1586mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 71g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on