These Greek Chicken Skewers are rolled in a blend of inspired spices before being cooked to golden perfection and served with a lemony dipping sauce. A green salad and a glass of red wine make it a meal!
Guys, I am back from California and *finally* falling back into a normal routine here at “the office” (AKA my kitchen).
I can’t wait to share pictures and tell you all about the trip, but it will have to wait until Friday because today I’m sharing these dreamy chicken skewers with you!
Dang, I have been making some lazy recipes lately. Must be the nice weather we’ve been having.
Anyway, back to the obsession. A year ago I was in Greece and Turkey, and I haven’t left the country since. In two weeks, I leave for the big London-Kenya-Paris trip (random, right?) and I seriously cannotFREAKINGwait.
I’m so excited to be inspired by the food and take about a million pictures throughout the trip!
I’d love to hear from you all as to what I should see and do in London & Paris! I’ve been once before, but I was 12 years old so my memory of such things isn’t that great. Bring on the advice!!
In the meantime, I’ll share my recipe for spice-crusted Greek Chicken Skewers (with a lemony dipping sauce). Consider it a prepayment for your amazing travel advice 🙂
(Note: I made these in my favorite grill pan, but you could totally do these in a regular frying pan or even on the BBQ. Have some fun with it!)
Here’s the Recipe!
For the Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sizes pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Lemony Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Thread the chicken pieces onto metal skewers*. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, then spread evenly onto a flat surface. Roll the skewers in the spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with olive oil, then cook the skewers for 2 minutes per side, 8 minutes total, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve the skewers with a side of dipping sauce.
*If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to using to avoid scorching.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 440 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 193mg Sodium 1586mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 2g Sugar 0g Protein 71g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on