Ripe tomatoes, rich olive oil, and high-quality Feta cheese give this quick and easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad an abundance of bright flavor!
I have been sorely missing the Mediterranean this week. It’s not even the warm air or turquoise sea that I miss; it’s the food.
But, of course, you probably guessed that. I’m a teensy-bit food obsessed.
Last night I went for a drink with a girlfriend (p.s. I have a headache this morning, whyyyy) and spent the majority of the evening nibbling away happily at a mezze platter of hummus, tzatziki, olives, and cucumbers.
The night before last, the husband was out at a Blazer game with my kid sister, so I had warm pita bread + olive oil + red wine for dinner. While binge-watching Lost on Netflix, of course.
I am such a lush.
I made this amazing 10-minute Mediterranean Chickpea Salad earlier this week and have been eating it for lunch just about every day.
I foresee many
excuses opportunities to bring this to get-togethers this spring and summer!
Here’s Your Recipe!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or very finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chickpeas, tomatoes, Feta, and parsley in a medium bowl and fold together gently to release juices from the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil dressing over the top of the salad and toss well. Serve at room temperature.