Ripe tomatoes, rich olive oil, and high-quality Feta cheese give this quick and easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad an abundance of bright flavor!
I have been sorely missing the Mediterranean this week. It’s not even the warm air or turquoise sea that I miss; it’s the food.
But, of course, you probably guessed that. I’m a teensy-bit food obsessed.
Last night I went for a drink with a girlfriend (p.s. I have a headache this morning, whyyyy) and spent the majority of the evening nibbling away happily at a mezze platter of hummus, tzatziki, olives, and cucumbers.
The night before last, the husband was out at a Blazer game with my kid sister, so I had warm pita bread + olive oil + red wine for dinner. While binge-watching Lost on Netflix, of course.
I am such a lush.
I made this amazing 10-minute Mediterranean Chickpea Salad earlier this week and have been eating it for lunch just about every day.
I foresee many
excuses opportunities to bring this to get-togethers this spring and summer!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or very finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chickpeas, tomatoes, Feta, and parsley in a medium bowl and fold together gently to release juices from the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil dressing over the top of the salad and toss well. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 11mg Sodium 159mg Carbohydrates 14g Fiber 3g Sugar 7g Protein 5g
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on