This Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas recipe is made delicious with an overnight Margarita marinade of tequila, triple sec and lime juice and traditional fajita seasonings and veggies!
Annnnnnd belated celebration of my one-year-blogiversary!
Wooo! So I totally forgot to celebrate, but June 1st marked the one-year-anniversary of this blog. In some ways I can’t believe it’s been a year already, and in others I can’t believe it’s only been a year.
I definitely feel like I’ve come a long way over the past year; if you don’t believe me, just check out this awesome old post. Ohhhh yeah, check out those awesome photos and completely useless recipe.
Good times, good times.
So about the fajitas…
Fajitas are the number one thing I order when we go out for Mexican food. I love, love, love the smokin’ hot delivery right to the table, and I always prefer to play with my food and eat with my hands whenever possible.
Lately I’ve been kind of bored with fajitas, mainly because they taste the same pretty much anywhere you have them. Soooo I decided to switch things up by introducing some booze into the situation. Because…. why not?
To get the full effect of the tequila, triple sec and lime flavor, marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge with the tequila lime fajita marinade in this recipe.
And, of course, be sure to serve these tequila fajitas while they are still smokin’ and sizzlin’ in a cast iron skillet. I use my trusty Lodge Logic skillet.
But I really want one of these special Fajita skillets (*swoon!*) to serve up these tequila lime fajitas!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/8 cup triple sec
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon Goya all-purpose seasoning or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and marinade overnight.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over very high heat. Once hot, transfer chicken, peppers, and onions with marinade liquid into the pan.
- Let sear for 60 seconds before stirring the chicken and vegetables. Continue to saute every 30 seconds or so until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender-crisp (about 4-6 minutes total).
- Serve hot in the skillet, with warm tortillas, lime, and cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 448Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 96mgSodium 649mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 36g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.