This Thai cucumber salad recipe mixes cucumbers, cashews, with a brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, cilantro and lime juice for a delicious salad to add to your next Thai dinner.
All day today I’ve been thinking about getting a puppy. I really want a little Basset Hound puppy because I adore all things pathetic. However, I’ve never potty-trained a dog before and it kind of sounds like a lot of work.
I’ve been watching many of my friends/relatives/co-workers/EVERYONE I KNOW have kids these past few years and potty training looks really hard. Do you think it’s easier to potty train a kid, or a puppy?
So… speaking of things that are easy, let’s talk about this Thai Cucumber Salad with Cashews (sweet segue, right?).
This salad with cashews has it all. It’s sweet, spicy, sour, and salty – what more could you ask for? Other than a puppy, I mean.
The cashews add just the right amount of texture and crunch.
You can make this cashew salad recipe ahead of time and let it marinate in your fridge, but don’t add the cashews until you’re serving it up or they will get soggy and gross.
I’d also recommend going for the roasted-salted cashews rather than the plain raw ones, but if all you can find is raw, don’t let that keep you from making this.
You’re just a few minutes away from serving up a quick, easy, and delicious Thai cashew nut salad to accompany any Thai dish.
We had this salad with cashew nuts alongside some Peanut Panang Beef Curry and it was perfectly refreshing next to the rich complexity of the curry.
Okay, I’m off to go google basset hound puppy pictures.
You definitely should make this Thai cashew salad recipe!
Here’s the Recipe!
Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic - very finely minced
- 2 large cucumbers - partially peeled and cut into half-circles
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped cashews
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften the flavors of the garlic.
- Combine chopped cilantro and cucumbers in a large bowl, add the dressing and black pepper, then toss to coat. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Immediately before serving, sprinkle the chopped cashews over the top.
Love this dish but the thing is am greatly fond of arabic recipes which always drive me off.last day came to have lamb machboos.Oh my god..No wonder why arabic recipes are notable all over the world.Love to have it again and again…Anyways love this cucumber and cashew salad they are healthy at the same time tasty ….Will make a try on it and let you know the result..
Will be back soon!:)
Yummmm…It seems delicious!