This Thai cucumber salad recipe mixes cucumbers, cashews, with a brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, cilantro and lime juice for a delicious salad to add to your next Thai dinner.
All day today I’ve been thinking about getting a puppy. I really want a little Basset Hound puppy because I adore all things pathetic. However, I’ve never potty-trained a dog before and it kind of sounds like a lot of work.
I’ve been watching many of my friends/relatives/co-workers/EVERYONE I KNOW have kids these past few years and potty training looks really hard. Do you think it’s easier to potty train a kid, or a puppy?
So… speaking of things that are easy, let’s talk about this Thai Cucumber Salad with Cashews (sweet segue, right?).
This salad with cashews has it all. It’s sweet, spicy, sour, and salty – what more could you ask for? Other than a puppy, I mean.
The cashews add just the right amount of texture and crunch.
You can make this cashew salad recipe ahead of time and let it marinate in your fridge, but don’t add the cashews until you’re serving it up or they will get soggy and gross.
I’d also recommend going for the roasted-salted cashews rather than the plain raw ones, but if all you can find is raw, don’t let that keep you from making this.
You’re just a few minutes away from serving up a quick, easy, and delicious Thai cashew nut salad to accompany any Thai dish.
We had this salad with cashew nuts alongside some Peanut Panang Beef Curry and it was perfectly refreshing next to the rich complexity of the curry.
Okay, I’m off to go google basset hound puppy pictures.
You definitely should make this Thai cashew salad recipe!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 2 large cucumbers, partially peeled and cut into half-circles
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped cashews
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften the flavors of the garlic.
- Combine chopped cilantro and cucumbers in a large bowl, add the dressing and black pepper, then toss to coat. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Immediately before serving, sprinkle the chopped cashews over the top.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 61Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 424mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 2g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
You'll Also Love:
Last Updated on