Feast your eyes on these beauties:
I 100% adore curry-roasted cashews. When I was in college, I lived in this awesome little house with 4 other people and 1 bathroom. Granted, we had intermittent ant/mice/opossum issues, but I did love that place.
The best part was there was this little store right across the street that had just about everything a college student would need. It had a little produce section with all of the essentials, toilet paper and shampoo, a whole wall of beer coolers, and a nifty little bulk foods section.
One day while I was picking up some
beer milk, I noticed curry roasted cashews in one of the bulk containers and decided to give them a try.
A love affair started that day.
I mean, cashews are already delicious in their plain, raw form. And you guys know all about my curry obsession. It’s a match made in heaven, right?
I made a huge batch of these and brought in a container to work to share with my office mates. There were quite a few curry-stained fingers around the office that day!
Curry-roasted cashews are really easy to make, and come together in about 15 minutes. Perfect for last minute guests or a dish to bring to a party!
Ready to get snackin’?
Here’s Your Recipe!
The Wanderlust Kitchen
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 lb. raw cashews
- 1/8 cup. coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cashews on a large baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast 7 to 9 minutes, until slightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, turn off the heat and stir in the spices.
- Place the roasted cashews in a large bowl. Pour the spiced coconut oil over the cashews and toss well to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.