Nothing spoils a great session on the yoga mat like a not-so-wholesome meal. These vegan yogi bowls are filled with protein-packed quinoa, chickpeas, arugula, and pepita seeds. Tomatoes and roasted vegetables add a bright burst of flavor, while avocado and cashew sauce add a creamy texture to the mix. These bowls will become your favorite post-workout fix!
Yes, look at those delicious colors, this bowl tastes as good as it looks!
And it is good for you too!
After a workout I like to keep the good vibes going and eat something that does my body good. These bowls do that.
After you scarf down this bowl of roasted sweet potatoes, red quinoa, toasted chickpeas, arugula, tomatoes, avocado, and creamy cashew sauce, you’ll feel entirely satiated. I love when food makes you feel satisfied, but not overly stuffed or tired. Winning!
Make sure to plan ahead to make this cashew sauce – the cashews need to be soaked before you puree them!
Pin and Share with Your Friends!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 cup dry red quinoa
- 2 teaspoons walnut, avocado, or olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 cup cashew sauce
- 4 tablespoons pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Prepare the quinoa as directed; keep covered and set aside.
- Heat one teaspoon of the walnut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the sweet potatoes and toss well to coat. Cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are bright orange all the way through.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan along with the chickpeas. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until the chickpeas are toasted and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Divide the quinoa into four bowls. Place a quarter of the sweet potato and chickpea mixture into each of the bowls, then top with arugula and tomato.
- Place a pitted avocado half on top of each bowl and fill with cashew sauce. Garnish with pepitas and serve warm.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 797Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 38gCholesterol 1mgSodium 432mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 22gSugar 18gProtein 20g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.