Create an instant party and mix up something fun with this easy Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BACARDI® Mixers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Summer is in full swing here and I am celebrating in style! The patio project is nearly complete and I’m loving the relaxed staycation vibe in the backyard.
This weekend I’ve decided to finally take advantage of the gorgeous weather we’ve been having here and have a few friends over for a casual patio party. I love any excuse to have a get-together, so I’ve stocked my freezer with my new secret weapon for instant parties: BACARDI® Mixers! I love coming up with new cocktail concoctions, so when BACARDI® invited me to whip up something fun with their collection of frozen mixers, I jumped at the opportunity. One of my very favorite flavor combinations is strawberry rhubarb. I adore strawberry rhubarb pie, strawberry rhubarb smoothies, and earlier this week I made a strawberry rhubarb compote to use as a pancake topping.
This Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri recipe really couldn’t be any easier: Just simmer 4 cups chopped rhubarb, ¼ cup sugar, and juice of half a lemon in a saucepan for a few minutes until the fruit is fork tender.
Puree the mixture in a blender, then let it cool for ten minutes. Next, add a can of frozen Strawberry Daiquiri BACARDI® Mixer, one cup of rum (I used BACARDI® Superior), and fill the blender with ice cubes.
Blend on high until smooth, divide the mixture into six serving glasses, and garnish with lemon and strawberries.
I love blended drinks, but sometimes being the party host can be overwhelming and it’s nice to have a self-service punch made up and available to guests.
Alright, enough chit chat for now. Time to make a few more of these daiquiris!
Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri Recipe
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb - or thawed frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 10 ounce can frozen Strawberry Daiquiri flavor BACARDI® Mixers
- 1 cup 8 ounces BACARDI® Superior Rum
- 6 cups cubed ice - or to top of blender
- Lemon wheels and fresh strawberries for garnish - optional
- Simmer the chopped rhubarb, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat until the fruit is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked rhubarb to the bowl of a blender and process until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Add the BACARDI® Mixers, rum, and ice to the blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Divide the daiquiris into six serving glasses. Garnish with lemon wheels and strawberries if desired.
ENJOY RESPONSIBLY. ©2014 BACARDI AND THE BAT DEVICE AND ITS TRADE DRESS ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF BACARDI & COMPANY LIMITED. RUM 40% ALC. BY VOL. ©2014 THE COCA-COLA COMPANY. NON-ALCOHOLIC MIXERS.
Enjoy Responsibly. This post and recipe are intended for those of legal drinking age.