This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BACARDI® Mixers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Create an instant party and mix up something fun with these easy Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiris!
Summer is in full swing here and I am celebrating in style! The patio project is nearly complete and I’m loving the relaxed staycation vibe in the backyard.
This weekend I’ve decided to finally take advantage of the gorgeous weather we’ve been having here and have a few friends over for a casual patio party. I love any excuse to have a get-together, so I’ve stocked my freezer with my new secret weapon for instant parties: BACARDI® Mixers! I love coming up with new cocktail concoctions, so when BACARDI® invited me to whip up something fun with their collection of frozen mixers, I jumped at the opportunity. One of my very favorite flavor combinations is strawberry rhubarb. I adore strawberry rhubarb pie, strawberry rhubarb smoothies, and earlier this week I made a strawberry rhubarb compote to use as a pancake topping. This recipe really couldn’t be any easier: Just simmer 4 cups chopped rhubarb, 1/4 cup sugar, and juice of half a lemon in a saucepan for a few minutes until the fruit is fork tender.
Puree the mixture in a blender, then let it cool for ten minutes. Next, add a can of frozen Strawberry Daiquiri BACARDI® Mixer, one cup of rum (I used BACARDI® Superior), and fill the blender with ice cubes.
Blend on high until smooth, divide the mixture into six serving glasses, and garnish with lemon and strawberries. Voila!
I’m also going to be whipping up a batch of this awesome Lawn Games Punch recipe that I found on the BACARDI® Mixers site.
I love blended drinks, but sometimes being the party host can be overwhelming and it’s nice to have a self-service punch made up and available to guests.
We could all use a few more festive functions this summer, so do yourself a favor and head over to the BACARDI® Mixers site and check out their cocktail recipes, Party planning tips, and celebration inspiration! Alright, enough chit chat for now. Time to make a few more of these daiquiris!
Here’s the Recipe!
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (or thawed frozen rhubarb)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen Strawberry Daiquiri flavor BACARDI® Mixers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) BACARDI® Superior Rum
- 6 cups cubed ice (or to top of blender)
- Lemon wheels and fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Simmer the chopped rhubarb, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat until the fruit is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked rhubarb to the bowl of a blender and process until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Add the BACARDI® Mixers, rum, and ice to the blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Divide the daiquiris into six serving glasses. Garnish with lemon wheels and strawberries if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 14gProtein 1g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.
ENJOY RESPONSIBLY. ©2014 BACARDI AND THE BAT DEVICE AND ITS TRADE DRESS ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF BACARDI & COMPANY LIMITED. RUM 40% ALC. BY VOL. ©2014 THE COCA-COLA COMPANY. NON-ALCOHOLIC MIXERS.