This Muhammara recipe, also known as, Egyptian Pomegranate, Walnut, and Red Pepper Spread recipe is the perfect snack for last minute company. Made from roasted red peppers, walnuts, and pomegranate molasses, everything you need can be kept on-hand in your pantry!
I’m a total sucker for “pantry recipes.”
There’s just something about coming up with a recipe entirely from things you have on-hand that make you feel like you’re kicking butt and taking names on a competitive cooking show.
I adapted this recipe from a cookbook (Amazon link here). It’s satisfying to make something without having to make a trip to the grocery store.
This Muhammara or Roasted Red Pepper, Walnut, and Pomegranate Molasses Spread is tangy, creamy, and delicious with some simple pita triangles.
I also love it spread onto a sandwich– it’s so much better than mayonnaise!
I also happen to be something of a Egyptophile (uh, is that a word?), so I’m always down for any recipes which claim to be of Egyptian origin.
The only “weird” ingredient for this recipe is going to be the pomegranate molasses.
I wrote about this delicious stuff in this post where I shared my recipe for Fattoush Salad.
Do yourself a favor and add this Mediterranean staple to your pantry!
Pin this to Pinterest and Share with Your Friends:
Here’s the Recipe!
- 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the drained red peppers, bread crumbs, walnuts, garlic, and pomegranate molasses into the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse a few times, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to pulse the machine.*
- Once the mixture is smooth to your liking, taste and add salt as needed. Serve at room temperature with pita bread for dipping.
*Keep the lid on the processor while you are doing this - there should be a small reservoir on the lid with a small hole through which you can pour the oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 755Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 47gCholesterol 0mgSodium 502mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 6gSugar 31gProtein 11g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.