This Sausage and Peppers Pasta recipe comes together quick and easy in one pot with a delicious mix of Kielbasa, red bell pepper, yellow onion, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and rotini pasta.
I am SUCH a sucker for one pot meals.
I mean, how can you not love a Kielbasa pasta recipe which produce only ONE dirty pan? Even better, you can make this whole Kielbasa with pasta and peppers recipe using only one knife and one cutting board, too. HIGH FIVE!
While I was making this Sausage and Peppers Pasta, I was thinking about how happy it was going to make the husband when it came to dishes time. Yep, not dinner time. Dishes time. See, I cook, and he does the dishes. Probably about 40% of the time, anyway.
However, 90% of the 40% of the time he does the dishes (math?), the hand wash items are surreptitiously (wow, big word!) left on the stove + counter + sink + all-of-the-places.
Neither one of us likes dealing with the hand wash items, which really sucks because probably 50% of my kitchen gear doesn’t jive well with the dishwasher. Man, I am on a percentage kick today!
I mean, really. Let me ramble off some of the things that I can’t put in our dishwasher:
- My entire set of non-stick pots and pans (which I love, but I have to hand wash them)
- All of my wooden utensils
- My wooden cutting boards
- The metal attachments that go with my stand mixer
- My very favorite cast-iron skillet
Which pretty much leaves me with cups + plates + forks. Oh, and the one plastic cutting board I have.
So this takes me back to my point. The husband and I are tired of hand washing and I think it’s time to upgrade to some dishwasher safe pots and pans. As in…. All Clad. You know, someday when I could afford it. In the distant, far away future.
Wow, this has turned into a long rambling post about how much I hate doing the dishes.
When you become a food blogger you think it will be all fun and games and deliciousness. No one tells you about the dishes. The never-ending constant stream of filthy, stupid dishes which require hand-washing.
Alright, that concludes today’s episode of “crazy talk on the blog.” So, back to the food!
This is one-pot Kielbasa and pasta skillet is super amazing because every single thing cooks in the same pan.
Even the pasta! The starch from the noodles reduce down with the liquid to make a surprisingly thick and creamy sauce. It’s so easy, it just seems ridiculous.
Alright, if you’ve made it this far through my rambling post, you deserve a delicious Kielbasa and peppers pasta dinner.
Here’s the Recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (13 oz) Kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal into coins
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 pound Rotini pasta
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the kielbasa, red pepper, and onion and saute until browned. Add garlic and tomatoes and saute 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, pasta, cayenne pepper (if using), and black pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to low, and simmer 12-15 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove cover and turn off heat.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 329Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 33mgSodium 1003mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 15g
Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience.