This time of year I love and appreciate quick snack recipes. It seems like every day we have friends and family dropping by to hang out or watch the game, which means I need to up MY game when it comes to snacks.
When JOLLY TIME Pop Corn asked me to help them celebrate their 100th birthday, I knew I had the perfect excuse to finally nail a quick and delicious snack recipe!
When it comes to quick and easy, popcorn is king. You guys are probably going to laugh at me, but before I started working on this Wasabi Ginger Popcorn recipe I had never popped my own corn. I’m kind of a master at microwaving popcorn, but cooking it on the stove terrified me. What if it burns? What if it flies everywhere? What if it blows the top off my pot and breaks my nose?
Okay, I might be over exaggerating a little bit here, but the point is that I was a little intimidated by popping my own corn. It took me one try (following the package instructions) to successfully pop some corn and feel super proud of myself.
I can’t wait to have my nieces over so I can show them – it’s really fun to see all the kernels go crazy in the pot! All kids love popcorn, right? JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is family-owned, so I bet they have a ton of fun making popcorn every time they get together.
Alright, so about this Wasabi Ginger Popcorn. This recipe has that perfect salty-spicy combination that keeps you reaching for the bowl over and over again. The heat builds slowly, noticeable only when you try to stop yourself from grabbing another handful.
Better to just keep going, in my opinion. I won’t tell anyone if you eat the whole bowl by yourself. October *is* National Popcorn Month, after all.
Here’s Your Wasabi Ginger Popcorn Recipe!
- 6 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup JOLLY TIME Pop Corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil and 1/3 cup popcorn kernels into a 3 quart or larger pan with a lid.
- Cover the pan and set the heat to medium-high. Shake the pan gently to keep the kernels moving and allow steam to escape. Remove from heat once the popping stops and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 Tablespoons of oil along with the wasabi, ginger, and salt. Drizzle over the warm popcorn and toss well to coat.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 112 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 292mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 1g
To celebrate this special 100th birthday, I’ll be pinning to JOLLY TIME’s Virtual Birthday Party with JOLLY TIME Pop Corn Pinterest board throughout the month of October. Follow along for ideas and inspiration!