Busy weeknights, last minute potlucks, and overly-complicated main dishes all call for this super-easy and super-quick Asian Snap Pea Salad.
Sometimes, you just need a 5-minute side dish.
Which is why I am obsessed with this snap pea salad!
Does it get any easier than this? Is this real life?
It will take you just a few minutes of knife work to prep these veggies, then shake up a super simple dressing in a mason jar. I love these little jelly-size jars* for this job.
I snacked on this salad for several days, then finally used up the rest to make a super easy fried rice. I LOVE when leftovers can become new meals!
Here’s Your Recipe!
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin coins
- 8 ounces trimmed snap peas
- 2 scallions, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3/4 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger root
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place the peppers, carrots, scallions and peas in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the peanut oil, vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, and ginger in a small bowl (or shake in a mason jar).
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
*This post contains affiliate links. What does this mean? It means that if you happen to buy something from a site I’ve linked to, I earn a small commission which helps me save up for my next trip! It doesn’t cost you any more, and it helps keep this site alive!