Busy weeknights, last minute potlucks, and overly-complicated main dishes all call for this super-easy and super-quick Asian Snap Pea Salad recipe.
Did you know that snap peas are also known as sugar snap peas and they are a cross between garden peas and snow peas? If not, then you have learned something new today. So, if you want to call this an Asian Sugar Snap Peas Salad recipe, I’m fine with that.
Sometimes, you just need a 5-minute side dish.
Which is why I am obsessed with this snap pea salad!
Does it get any easier than this Asian Pea Salad? Is this real life?
It will take you just a few minutes of knife work to prep these veggies, then shake up a super simple dressing in a mason jar. I love these little jelly-size jars for this job.
I snacked on this sugar snap pea salad for several days, then finally used up the rest to make a super easy fried rice. I LOVE when leftovers can become new meals!
5 Minute Asian Snap Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot - sliced into thin coins
- 8 ounces trimmed snap peas
- 2 scallions - sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3/4 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger root
- Sesame seeds for garnish - optional
- Place the peppers, carrots, scallions and peas in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the peanut oil, vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, and ginger in a small bowl (or shake in a mason jar).
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.