This delicious and easy Homemade Irish Cream recipe is the best way to perk up any cup of coffee during the holidays or anytime!
I may not be Irish, but I still love to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, and what better way than with homemade Irish cream!
This recipe makes about three cups, so you’ll have plenty to go around if you feel like inviting a few friends over for a classy cocktail party.
Once you see how easy it is to whip up a batch of homemade Irish cream, you may never buy the bottled stuff again!
Start by brewing two short shots of espresso. You can also always use decaf coffee if you’re worried about caffeine sensitivity. Most Irish Cream recipes call for instant espresso powder, but I much prefer the flavor and texture you get from using a freshly pulled shot of espresso. It makes ALL the difference!
Next, pour the piping hot espresso into the pitcher of your blender. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of cocoa powder over the top of the espresso.
The better quality the cocoa, the better the final product will taste. I recommend using Dutch process cocoa for best results!
Give the blender a whirl on the pulse setting to let the cocoa dissolve into the espresso, then pour a cup of heavy cream into the pitcher.
Next, we’ll add a can of sweetened condensed milk, followed by a teaspoon of vanilla and a half teaspoon of almond extract.
Let’s not forget the reason we’re here. Irish Cream wouldn’t be Irish without a healthy pour of Irish Whiskey! Now that you’ve got everything in the pitcher, blend the concoction together until it is silky smooth using a fast setting.
You can enjoy it right away, or store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
After all of that hard work, it’s time to pour a cup of coffee.
Stir a healthy pour of Irish cream right into your mug and get ready to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or the holidays in style!
Pin this on Pinterest and Share with your Friends!
Here’s the Recipe!
Homemade Irish Cream Recipe
- 2 40 ml espresso shots
- 2 tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups Irish whiskey
- Brew two shots of espresso (40ml each).
- Pour both shots of hot espresso into the pitcher of your blender, then sprinkle the cocoa powder over the top. Cover the pitcher, set it on the blender stand, and pulse a few times to dissolve the cocoa.
- Remove the lid from the pitcher and pour in the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and Irish whiskey.
- Place the lid back on the pitcher and return it to the blender stand. Blend until smooth on a high setting.
Enjoy Responsibly. This post and recipe are intended for those of legal drinking age.